As reported in the last blog post I was nearly finished with the file item and was considering wether to release it when done, or release it when the image item was ready too. I decided to release it now, so that I see how it works out regarding performance.
Check out the short video demo to see hot it works and feel free to give it a try yourself. Any feedback, be it praises, problems, suggestions, is welcome.
Just yesterday in the evening I've realized that unfortunately all new signups for the last two weeks really got spammed with a link to our "Getting Started" page. When I've created the getting started page I added a feature which adds one bookmark to the wall of every new user. The problem was that it didn't place only one link to the page. The first signup since then got 1 link, the second 2, ..., you can imagine how this went on.
It's a pity that I haven't got any feedback about this problem but I really hope that I've fixed it now.
So for now I'll start with a short status update. We officially put Spaaze online in the middle of November, but it took until the end of December until it really started getting recognized. Since then we acquired more then 1500 users (sign ups not active users, I still haven't developed a statistics analysis tool). So until now I'm very happy with how it developed.
Regarding visible progress concerning features I can't promise too much. As it is I'm working on Spaaze mostly in my spare time. And unfortunately my comrade-in-arms, Enrico, vanished. So now I've to take care of all the publicity work (this blog, GetSatisfaction, mails, ...) as well. So there's not much time left for developing new features. Nevertheless I want to share my plans for the next features.